Tuesday, November 4, 2008

she caves

so, readers (we have comments! you actually exist! yayyyy) you may not know our real names, or see our faces, but that doesn't mean you don't have to know about us! so heres a little intro post i never got around to because i get so distracted by pretty editorials and neutral milk hotel songs.

WHO AM I??
i am breezy callahan or rose wallace goldaline or that name they call me in real life... i'm arrogant and so happy and unaffected and introspective and witty and occasionally charming and sad ocasionally too. i've never had a boyfriend and this is apparently a big personality flaw for me. i crave deepness and intelligent conversation but i'm also very shallow. i have more empathy and love for the world than i can speak but i also mock-hate very many things. i make mean jokes. i like to think i listen. i am obnoxious. but i'm mostly just happy.
location
nowhere, british columbia, canada
favourite music
in order of soul importance
neutral milk hotel, bob dylan, conor oberst/bright eyes, tom waits, leonard cohen, the knife. bands that i enjoy a lot but are not my favourites: belle and sebastian, the animal collective, the velvet underground, modest mouse, radiohead, the microphones, the black heart procession
favourite books
jane eyre, franny and zooey, the golden compass, its kind of a funny story, the catcher in the rye.
favourite things
acting acting acting god tension on stage just makes me thirsty for life and art and co-operative creation and i can't speak how much i love it. sorry, just did some scene work and got good feedback and nothing ever feels so happy or real ^_^
blogging is good too, soy vanilla yerba matte lattes, the painting of jeff mangum my brain twin made me, fun at work, field trips, giddiness, dancing all night, my cats, fashion magazines and tea, high waisted skirts and accidentally ripped tights and my little black boots, my moleskine, gossip girl, boston legal and alan shore, jeff mangum's voice, conor obersts whispers and cries and bob dylans croaking, zelda: the ocarina of time, childhood flames, arienette, my brain twin, RK CB SC and RG, leather backpacks, my jackets, my triblend cardigan (but not american apparel per say), almost famous, v for vendetta, life.
quotes
"how strange it is to be anything at all"
jeff mangum, in the aeroplane over the sea

"for life's not a paragraph
And death i think is no parenthesis'
e.e. cummings

"The important thing is to not stop questioning"
albert einstein

"I will, in a minute, in just a minute. Why are you breaking down, incidently? I mean if you're able to go into a collapse with all your might, why can't you use the same energy to stay well and busy? All right, so I'm being unreasonable. I'm being very unreasonable now. But, my God, how you try what little patience I was born with! You take a look around your college campus, and the world, and politics, and one season of summer stock, and you listen to the conversation of a bunch of nitwit college students, and you decide that everything's ego, ego, ego, and the only intelligent thing for a girl to do is lie around and shave her head and say the Jesus Prayer and beg God for a little mystical experience that'll make her nice and happy."
franny and zooey

"Somewhere out there is the origin of all the Dust, all the death, the sin, the misery, the destructiveness in the world. Human beings can’t see anything without wanting to destroy it, Lyra. That’s original sin. And I’m going to destroy it. Death is going to die."
the golden compass

i am currently wearing a navy blue tank dress and big mismatched wooly socks.

ummmm that is all!
go obama!
bright eyes - four winds

love,
breezy