Thursday, January 29, 2009

getting bigger and sleeker and wider and brighter

11. dear prospective lovers: the way too my heart? long hair, artistic talent of the musical/visual/linguistic variety, and a mix cd with tom waits - i hope that i don't fall in love with you.

12. i can sum up the past year or so of my life in three songs: neutral milk hotel - song against sex, conor oberst and the mystic valley band - breezy and bob dylan - it ain't me, babe. not nessecarily their meanings (although a bit i guess), but just the memories they invoke and the feelings they bring up.

13. my favourite poem in the world:
since feeling is first
e.e. cummings

since feeling is first
who pays any attention
to the syntax of things
will never wholly kiss you;
wholly to be a fool
while Spring is in the world

my blood approves,
and kisses are a better fate
than wisdom
lady i swear by all flowers. Don't cry
—the best gesture of my brain is less than
your eyelids' flutter which says

we are for each other: then
laugh, leaning back in my arms
for life's not a paragraph

And death i think is no parenthesis

14. i've dabbled in a lot of arts. i used to paint when i was little, my grandfather (who is now dead) gave me a beautiful wooden case with a set of paints when i was about 7. i won some art contest and had a painting made into a postcard for the christmas craft fair. i painted the inside of a dollhouse my mom made when she was pregnant with me and made a ridiculous ammount of furniture for it out of bits and pieces of things (what up, milk creamer garbage can) i've been dancing since i was 5, stopped for two years, and started again this year. definitely happy to have started again. i was even in a musical in grade 8, ~hansel and gretel~ but i can't sing for shit and so idk why they gave me a lead. theatre feels like home though, more than i can explain.

15. i used to really, really love pink floyd.

16. alan shore makes me want to be a lawyer. james spader is a sexy bitch.


17. i used to kind of want to be alexis bledel in sin city

18. or anna paquin in almost famous
19. i tamed wild kittens when i was little and danced at community hall dances.

20. like every other teenage girl, i have trust issues. i'm a lot better than i used to be, though.